Wednesday, October 7, 2009
ACTIVITY REPORT FOR THE MONTH SEPTEMBER.
ISIOLO YOUTH AGAINST AIDS AND POVERTY In collaboration with the Kenyan Ministry of Health undertook the following activities:
THE MAIN ACTIVITIES WERE:-
• Taking counseling and testing services to three villages
• Community mobilization and sensitization.
The mobilization team visited the three villages to mobilize the locals to take advantage of mobile testing and counseling services which will be coming the following day to their village. This was done well and the outcome was satisfactory.
This was carried out by use of different strategy such as :-
• Community involvement to air their views, questions and concerns which arose from stage drama.
• One to one.
• Use of public address system.
COUNSELLING AND TESTING.
The services of counseling and testing were taken to the different villages and the most important place was when we organized and took the service to the Administration police camp. This was done with the intention of targeting couples, here our timing wasn’t that successful since some minutes before our arrival the police were leaving the camp for an emergency duty caused by insecurity issue going on.
-In kambi juu we managed to test a convincing number of clients; this was so special since the women group that requested us to bring them the services tested 86%, while others promised to be tested later since they at that time claimed to be having an important duty to perform at home.
-At maendeleo and Total stage in town was so encouraging since the turn up was the highest number of clients realized after twice extending the mobile to moonlight service.
• Majority of those reached were testing for the first time.
• For the client tested positive referrals were made to access early management of HIV.
• Some clients promised to completely change their behavior after knowledge of their status for the first time.
• 5 out of 6 mobiles process was supported by other donor on this month beside Liverpool.
• The service demand is rising up.
• Poor mode of transportation during outreach.
• Tension in community due to insecurity reason.
• Long chain of command in some learning institution.
• Unpredictable rain that sometimes fall suddenly cutting short the activity.
SUMMERY REPORT IN NUMBER.
Male counseled =314. Male tested =313(67%).
Female counseled =157. Female tested =157(33%).
Total clients counseled= 471. Total client Tested= 470(100%).
Total Client found positive =11. Total client tested negative=459.
Male tested positive = 4(0.85%).
Female tested positive =7(1.4%).
<25years =235 (49.8%).
Couples attended the service=13.
Clients given condoms= 46(9.7%), client referred =471(100%).
9TH OCTOBER 2009 ACYIVITIES=COUNSELLING,TESTING AND COMMUNITY MOBILIZATION RESPONSIBLE PERSON=AMINA ABDULLAHI,VENUE=COUNTY COUNCIL AREA
10TH OCTORBER 2009 ACYIVITIES=COUNSELLING AND TESTING AND COMMUNITY MOBILIZATION RESPONSIBLE PERSON=KASSIM HASSAN,VENUE=TOWN
16TH OCTOBR 2009 ACYIVITIES=COUNSELLING AND TESTING AND COMMUNITY MOBILIZATION RESPONSIBLE PERSON=HASSAN BORU, VENUE=SAFI ESTATE
17TH OCTOBER 2009 ACYIVITIES=COUNSELLING AND TESTING AND COMMUNITY MOBILIZATION RESPONSIBLE PERSON=JAMAL IBRAHIM,VENUE=KIWANJANI
24TH OCTOBER 2009 ACYIVITIES=COUNSELLING AND TESTING AND COMMUNITY MOBILIZATION RESPONSIBLE PERSON=HUSSEIN MOHAMED,VENUE=BULA ARERA(shauri yako)